For Some Reason, the 9/11 Commission's Account on the Pentagon Has Always Created Doubts for Me

I am a Microsoft Pilot. Many years ago, when I was flying on business every week, I became very interested in the physics of flight and the machines that delivered me to my business destinations. Through many crazy experiences in the air, I gained respect for pilots who battled some crazy conditions to get the planes up and and gently set them back down. Living in Chicago, you get all the elements thrown at you when you fly.

I became a flight junkie. If I flew in United, I quickly put the headphones on to listen to the tower direct the plane on Channel 9(?). I would book flights based on airplanes I wanted to fly in. I would build models of those planes. I became a real flight geek.

I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator three or four years before 9/11. I also bought a fancy joystick believing that it would help me learn the bigger planes, because that's what I wanted to fly--the same planes I flew in business. The one thing I soon discovered is flying a single-engine Cessna is easy, but flying a 757 was nearly impossible for me just with the knowledge of the Cessna. Of course, that's what the 9/11 commission asks us to believe. They want us to believe these guys who took up flight lessons in a Cessna, with questionable results, took the controls of a major commercial airliner and flew it with such precision over Washington DC, that it hit the Pentagon with such accuracy.

The new Jesse Ventura conspiracy theory, which aired this week, looks that Pentagon strike of 9/11. Ventura takes a young pilot with Cessna experience and puts him behind the controls of a 757 flight simulator. The young pilot crashes the plane, but he never hits the Pentagon. Go out an purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator and try it for yourself, if you have no previous experience. I can't do it. I have tried.

Here's the interesting edition of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory from this week in its entirety.

While I am not ready to buy into the entire conspiracy, the account of the Pentagon strike leaves me with plenty of doubts in the 9/11 Commission's report. Ventura uses other experts in the aviation industry to look into the report in this interesting video.