$500 Fine for Cussing on a Public Bus?: The Police State Attacks the First Amendment



A Milwaukee, Wisconsin, man was fined $500 because he cussed on Milwaukee city bus. Terry Duncan dropped the F-bomb and the s-word while riding the bus and an undercover deputy sheriff issued him a $500 ticket. Wait a minute, I thought a sheriff was one of our last lines of defense against federal tyranny. I thought sheriff's were supposed to be friends of the Constitution and protect those whose rights are violated. I guess not in Wisconsin, where the Peoples' Republic of Madison isn't too far down the highway.

“I said, ‘What do I get this ticket for? What did I do wrong?‘ ’You were on the bus and using profane language. You were cursing on the bus.’ I said, ‘Cursing on the bus? Are you serious?’” Duncan said.

Duncan didn't direct his conversation at anyone. He just was on his cell phone. So much for the First Amendment. The police state will now write you up for cuss words. I hope they don't come to a NASCAR event anytime soon.