Utah Governor Gary Herbert Plants Feet in the Sand for Utah's States Rights

Add Governor Gary Herbert to the growing list of American patriots. Looking at the new healthcare law and federal regulations preventing Utah from developing energy sources, the Governor Herbert is ready to fight noting that Utah is not a colony of Washington DC. I like that, because it tells me Herbert understands we are a union of 50 sovereign states--something libs in this country forget with their support of a strong central government.

“I firmly believe if we, as a state, fail to vigorously fight to protect and defend our rights under the Constitution, those rights will invariably be seized and usurped by the federal government,” Herbert said. “I remind Washington: We are a state, not a colony, and I assure you, on my watch Utah will not stand idly by.”

Give Governor Herbert and hand! No, give him a standing ovation.