Billy Long tells Bolivar Paper, "If there's anything I can do for you on the federal level, I will do it."

The Bolivar Herald-Free Press recently reported and tweeted from the Proposition (Dog Breeder's / Ag Rights Rally) in Bolivar in Bolivar, Missouri. The BHFP Twitter account has this interesting quote from Billy Long which they tweeted on December 30.


"If there's anything I can do for you on the federal level, I will do it."

I thought this was one of those things Billy Long was fed up with in Washington. There has been too much doing anything in DC on the federal level beyond the limits of the Constitution. This promise of "anything" really bothers me because Long's powers are quite limited in Congress. He only has 18 enumerated powers which means he really can't do much, so to promise anything seems like more pandering from the auctioneer who once claimed he was fed up with politicians who pander and only worried about keeping their jobs every two years. 

I personally don't want Billy Long doing anything. In fact the less he does the better Congressman he will be. We don't need someone in Washington is willing to do anything. (I wonder if anything applies to Jim Lee, Jacob Lawrence, Michael Wardell, William Lynch, me or any other person who challenges Billy Long.) It's really funny how quickly Billy Long became everything that he ran against and he hasn't even taken the oath of office yet.

Mr. Long, if you are listening, the promise of anything is dangerous and it's been the problem far too long. The only promise you need to keep to the people of Missouri is the promise you will live within those 18 enumerated powers, but of course most people are figuring out rather quickly you are the establishment's puppet and will do what they say.