Wrigley Field Damaged by 2011 Blizzard

I am a Chicago Cubs fan. I make no secret of that living in Cardinal country. Wrigley Field is my baseball heaven, and I could care less about going to the new Busch Stadium for my senses to be assaulted by hundreds of advertisements that take my attention off the game in a constant digital onslaught--not to mention the Cardinals don't seem to loyal to their fans wither. I mean what where they thinking to have the playing area so far from their "loyal fans."

Once again, I am reminded of the fragile state of Wrigley Field. When I lived there, the concrete was in need of repairs, and they had to put nets up to protect the fans. Now the perfect winter storm 2011 has taken its toll on Wrigley Field too. I am sure it will be repaired by opening day, which if you have never been to, you need to go. Opening day at Wrigley is special--dress warmly though.

A panel of the Wrigley Field roof above the press box was damaged by extreme winds accompanying the blizzard, Cubs spokesman Peter Chase said.

Part of the panel, made of fiberboard, broke away and the Cubs are working with the city to monitor the situation and to ensure there aren’t any public safety issues, Chase said.


It doesn't sound like major damage, but it does remind that a restoration project needs to take place to ensure decades more of use in the most beautiful park in the Major Leagues.